General Questions

The complete guide for players and our Frequently Asked Questions!
Meg

General Questions

Post by Meg » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:24 pm

• How do I access my achievements?
    In the top left corner of the screen, next to your current level, is an arrow icon pointing down. Tapping that will extend the statistics header. The ribbon icon in the upper left corner of the screen opens the achievement window.

• How do I get to game settings?
    In the top left corner of the screen, next to your current level, is an arrow icon pointing down. Tapping that will extend the statistics header. The gear icon in the upper left corner of the screen opens the settings menu.

• What can I do with Resources I get from battles?
    Resources can be used for a variety of things: upgrading the buildings in the Cove, completing quests and selling them at the Market. Any Resources that you may be missing for an upgrade or quest can either be bought at the Cove’s Market or other Settlements’ Markets, gained from looting enemy ships, rewarded for a quest or found in a chest.

• What happens when I level up?
    Leveling up also increases the level of the enemy’s ships, which serves as a motivation to buy better ships, upgrade them and improve your technique in battle. Certain levels also unlock different main and side quests, so keep an eye out for those!

• How do I progress in the game?
    You progress through the game by buying new ships, upgrading the buildings in your Cove, completing quests and challenges, et cetera. There are multiple goals you can achieve in the game:
    You can become the Pirate King by beating all Challenges given to you through your headquarters, which become harder over time. There are main and side quests which tell the stories of Ships of Battle: Age of Pirates. If you like the stories, there are even multiple smaller stories hidden in the governor quests. Most players consider the game beaten when they finish the main quests, but there are many other things you can do.

• How do I level?
    You level up by gaining experience points. These are earned by completing missions, for instance to complete a quest.

• What are gems and what can I buy with them?
    Gems hard-to-find currency in the game. Almost anything in the game is purchasable by gems, from ships to skipping a timer. They can either be bought with real money or found in chests, obtained by leveling up, using the gem mine or by winning them in your daily spin on our reward wheel.

• How do I get Gold in this game?
    Gold can be earned by completing quests, killing enemy ships, selling excess resources, receiving daily rewards, watching advertisements and buying it in the store using gems.

• What is Gold?
    Gold is the main currency in the game. It buys everything you need to finish the game, like ships, upgrades, crew, et cetera.

• What does it mean to have a premium subscription?
    Having a premium subscription means all gold and experience rewards will be higher during the period of time you have the subscription. Additionally, the gem mine in your Cove will become active (for as long as you have the subscription).