Traveling Merchant and Hydra cannons

The latest news about Ships of Battle: Age of Pirates and the best place to speak with fellow pirates!
TarJocer

Traveling Merchant and Hydra cannons

Post by TarJocer » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:12 pm

I have two questions about this, first of all and most important for me, can someone explain me how the traveling Merchant works? I mean im already lv181 and i dont play that much so i get it in 1 week more or less, i only ser the traveling merchant once, almost at the beginning of the game, and sadly at that moment i didnt have much gold, and after that it never appeared again, so, how much i need to wait? Is there any "trick" or advice that i need to know? Maybe it appears only at night or if i do something in particular, i dont know, or Just tell me if it appears once a week on weekends or something. And second but not less important, i already have all the treasures map completed, and of course i unlocked the hydra Canon, the carmesí Sails and the hangman, so, where are them? They supposed to be at the Blacksmith but i refresh it with gems and i always get lv1-2-3 and with some Lucky lv4. Items. Just once a lv5 Hall. So i dont understand if that "special canon and Sails" are Just lv5 Items or if they are really special and i dont understand where or how its supossed to get them. Thanks
Meg

Re: Traveling Merchant and Hydra cannons

Post by Meg » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:50 pm

Hi TarJocer!

Regarding the travelling merchant: The travelling merchant is not at an fixed schedule and for most of our players he will appear about 2-3 times a week, with appearance time ranging from minimum 5 hours up to maximum 24 hours.

Regarding the hydra cannon/treasure map rewards: They are automatically added to the Hangman once the treasure map is completed and you don't have to take any further steps. We have noticed earlier this seems confusing to some of our players and are working on improving the feedback on this.

Hope this helps! :D And you will continue to enjoy our game!
TarJocer

Post by TarJocer » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:44 am

Well my hangman has been always empty, there's no hydra Canon or carmesí Sails, and i've done the treasure maps 3 or 4 days ago, so, maybe its bugged or something.
Meg

Post by Meg » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:38 am

TarJocer wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:44 am
Well my hangman has been always empty, there's no hydra Canon or carmesí Sails, and i've done the treasure maps 3 or 4 days ago, so, maybe its bugged or something.
Hi! The Hangman automatically has the sails, cannons and it's power added. This is what we meant with the...uh...bad feedback on this. ;) We are working on it!
TarJocer

Post by TarJocer » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:37 pm

So the hangman is stronger than the Wraith, Leviathan, etc? Or the stats of the hangman already include those Canons and Sails damage and speed
Meg

Post by Meg » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:22 pm

TarJocer wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:37 pm
So the hangman is stronger than the Wraith, Leviathan, etc? Or the stats of the hangman already include those Canons and Sails damage and speed

The stats of the Hangman already include them. As of now The Hangman is not as strong as the Wraith and Leviathan, you can check their basic stats in your shipyard if you have not bought them yet.

Starting version 2.6.0, the way a lot of our ships work will be changed, as we are balancing things out for a more fair experience and price/value in both multiplayer and singleplayer. The Hangman will continue to be a strong ship, but it will come closer to the Wraith and the Leviathan in the future.