Beware The Mark Of Caine

Drew458

Beware The Mark Of Caine

Post by Drew458 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:02 am

If you see this, you know you've been hosed. Sometimes you'll get hosed just a little, sometimes you'll get hosed a lot.

But when something strange happens, and you see that all your Affinities are exactly in the middle, it means that the gremlins in the game or in the cloud or at Google Play have been messing with you.

Today got hosed a lot. The evil spirits at Google Play log-in cost me 400 levels, more than 60 million Gold, all my flags, sail patterns, skins, cove building upgrades, and all my ship names. At least I still owned my ships this time, and all the upgrades to my cannons, hull, and sails were still there waiting to be re-installed. That's all that matters to me.

It could have been worse. It HAS been worse before. I was able to recover most of the game by reloading my cloud copy, which thankfully was from earlier today. Before today, my cloud copy was months old. Sure wish I could do a Save Game on my own. But the cloud does not save every aspect of your game.

I am playing 2.5.0. I never got the holiday release, which seems to have been pulled. Maybe this fiasco was my fault; all I'd wanted to do was to send Artik a feedback that all my governor quests had been reset somehow. While I was there I saw that I wasn't logged in to Google Play, which I had thought was automatic. So I did it. And got hosed for my efforts, setting nearly everything back to the beginning; all my ships and all the buildings at Pirate's Cove. I was even getting the tutorial again. Reloading my cloud copy brought it back as much as it did, but I still have to rebuild the Cove. Again. I haven't checked the status of the Governor quests or anything else other than re-equipping my ship. Frankly, I'm almost afraid to touch the game at this point. The lost gold, game levels, ship customizations, skins, sail icons, flags, cove buildings, gem mine rewards count ... I can get back with not too much work. It's taken me a couple months to rebuild my ship to ALMOST as strong a hull as it was before my last disaster. Oh, and since I've now been reset to Wave 1 on Endless - from Wave 805 - I can win back my skins. Eventually.

I'm so tired of this BS.

the mark of Caine.jpg
the mark of Caine.jpg (156.79 KiB) Viewed 395 times

On a positive note, it looks like I've got all the Legendary ships to fight again. They come back every time the game goes goofy.
Drew458

Re: Beware The Mark Of Caine

Post by Drew458 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:23 pm

And here's an interesting addendum: whatever version got reloaded, even though it says 2.5.0, I have lost the ability to name my ships. Gone. Huh??
Arrowdemon

Re: Beware The Mark Of Caine

Post by Arrowdemon » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:58 pm

Still no responses from support. Guess they are either still on vacation or actively ignoring stuff now. Not sure what the deal is, this game has amazing potential and is a lot of fun(when its functioning properly).