Unlimited Free Gems?

For any topic not covered by the other forums
Drew458

Unlimited Free Gems?

Post by Drew458 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:44 pm

Ordinarily the Free Gems button is limited to about 5 pushes per 12 hour period. Tap it, watch an ad, get 20 free gems.

However, there is one ad that has something odd in it's code. It's the ad for the app/game that says it pays you money for guessing song lyrics. It's called Quizdom. White and blue color scheme in the ad, with a picture of some guy, a country music singer. I think the ad somehow messes with the Free Gems counter, and you can watch it over and over and over again. The same ad comes up every time. Eventually it will crash the game, but I was able to do it more than 50 times, collecting more than 1000 gems.

I do not know if this is limited to the 2.6.23 Alpha 08-08-2019 build I am testing now. I'd never seen the ad before. So keep an eye out, and try tapping that Free Gems button a lot if you get this ad.

UPDATE: I played some more, and the Quizdom ad came up 7 times in a row. This was after I did the Free gems 3 times. So it may not be infinite, but it's giving me more than it ought to. Fine by me!!
Drew458

Re: Unlimited Free Gems?

Post by Drew458 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:21 pm

Another update, another method that works for me:

Somebody who is running the public release version please test this and see if it works or doesn't work for you, and then post the results!!! Thanks!!

On the alpha version 6.2.23 that I am testing, there is another way to get unlimited free gems even if that one special ad does not come up.

Do your 5 Free Gems taps, and watch the ads. You've just earned 100 gems. See the little green check mark on the Free Gems button? That means you've filled your quota.

Now use the SQUARE symbol on your Android device to see what aps are running. Close down the Ships of Battle app. Now start it again. When you get to the main screen, is the Free Gems button unchecked? It is for me. Do another 5 taps, get another 100 gems. "Lather rinse repeat" as they say. I've done the cycle at least 5 times now, pulling in 500 gems so far.

I do not know if this is a new issue or not. I have never tried doing this before, but I'm feeling the need for greed, so I'm going to work the heck out of it until they fix the bug.

PS - I have a premium membership, so my Gem Mine is active. I have no idea if this is related or not; I don't have an account without the Premium membership to test it against. So if you try this, and feel like posting your results (please!!) mention whether you've got Premium, or Diamond membership. If you have an active Gem Mine, you've got one of them.

Happy Pirating!!
Drew458

Post by Drew458 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:31 am

And don't forget the "Thumbs Up" free gems videos. I think it used to be shown once, and give you another 20 gems. Now it can be run 6 times, for 120 gems.

So for every restart, you can get 100 gems from Free Gems, and 120 gems from Thumbs Up. 210 gems for less than 7 minutes. And then restart and do it all over, as many times as you want.
Drew458

Post by Drew458 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:41 pm

UPDATES:

1) this has been part of the game since February, so if you have any release that came out since then you have this "hidden feature".

2) You do not have to restart the game to reset the Free Gems and Thumbs Up counters. All you have to do is Set Sail, then come right back to the Cove. So if you have the patience and good Wi-Fi, you can watch videos all day long and collect 1000s of gems.

3) Even opening the Thumbs Up window is enough to reset the Free Gems counter. So watch Free Gems 5 times, then watch Thumbs Up 1 - 4 times, then go back to Free Gems. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

4) The only time you really need to Go To Sea to rest the counters is when you watch 5 ads in Thumbs Up after you've watched 5 ads in Free Gems. At that point, BOTH of them get the checkmark.

5) This bug has been fixed in the latest build, so it WILL be in the next public release which will be out very soon. So use it now, and get yourself a big load of gems. Enough for the new ship Rising Dawn, at least!