Ram damage

Please leave suggestions and feedback here
Arrowdemon

Ram damage

Post by Arrowdemon » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:11 am

Greetings,

I have noticed that ram damage remains a constant value regardless of level, weapon level or hull level. This makes it fairly useless when ramming does 700 damage while cannons are doing 40k+ per hit. Perhaps ram damage should scale to your ships current/max speed and hull strength allowing it to be useful later on in the game and creating more incentive to upgrade speed.

While only a few ships are capable of ramming currently, all ships should be given varying capacity for it with a few having an increased damage specialty.

Arrowdemon
Aeregon

Re: Ram damage

Post by Aeregon » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:59 am

Thanks for noticing this. We will look into this.
Don't judge me! I am trying my best.
Drew458

Post by Drew458 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:36 pm

Arrowdemon - you're getting 400 damage from ramming? All I get is 15. I'm using Sea Devil. And my cannons hit for well over half a million per cannonball, my guns upgraded to Gold Tier 13. The numbers in this game are perplexing sometimes.

Aeregon says this is fixed in the latest 2.6.6 Alpha, but in a realistic way. Ramming hurts your enemy big time, but also hurts you a bit too. When Google Play gets around to listing it, I'll be able to get a copy and see how it plays.
Aeregon

Post by Aeregon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:08 am

Yea. I think we overlooked on Ramming damage when we went from 2.5 to 2.6.

I thought making ramming damage depends on health would be a fun mechanic. As you need to get close to enemies, you likely want lots and lots of health. So if you want a ship focused on ramming, upgrading your hull is the way to go. A nice high base health will also help a lot.

Before 2.6, all damage and health were fixed number. The best ships had I believe stats of 60, while the starter ship had like 10. Though equipment could give up to 400-500 increase in those stats. Making the base stats on the ships itself kinda worthless. Now we set the base of the ship and use equipment as multiplier. Meaning the stats on ships actually mean something.

I thought that making all numbers relative would make it much easier to balance the game.

Now I can just say: "Oh i thing this and that is a bit weak, lets increase it with 10%". Before we just added a flat number. but added 10 to a base of 50 is a 20% increase. But that same 10 doesn't mean much when we add it to 4000.
Don't judge me! I am trying my best.