Crew Mates

Please leave suggestions and feedback here
Major Omega

Crew Mates

Post by Major Omega » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:35 am

As I have upgraded First Mates to enable more crew members my crew bar stays at 100? It's crossed my mind that this is percentage but I was expecting the crew bar to increase to reflect my crew capacity.

.....I just fully upgraded my Tavern and purchased the top first mate with an additional 100 crew members - my crew capacity is still 100 ??
Drew458

Re: Crew Mates

Post by Drew458 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:00 am

If you are playing the new version of the game, 2.6.x, which one do you think is the top First Mate? In the old 2.5.0 I think it was Old Man Joe. In 2.6.x each first mate has different ability levels; some are more general purpose, some are very specific.

I know the Crew thing says "recruiting" but I think it's more like crew health. I'm finding the crew to be more resilient than they used to be, which I think is great, especially since it costs so much to recruit/refresh them when their green bar gets low. At the higher levels this can cost a quarter million at least, but gold has so little meaning in 2.6.x. A quarter million now is like 125 gold back in 2.5.0.
Werwaz

Post by Werwaz » Thu May 09, 2019 10:02 pm

I personally think for my argus that joseph taylor is the best, but it probably depends between different ships.
Drew458

Post by Drew458 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:04 am

It could be. OTOH, you could play the whole game and never get that mate in a chest. So you kind of have to run with what you find.
Jon Klose

Post by Jon Klose » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:40 pm

The crew gets nailed so quickly in battle, that it's hardly worth having them on board. If you keep too much of a distance from the enemy, your weapons aren't very effective. Any suggestions? :roll:
Drew458

Post by Drew458 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:32 pm

Suggestions? Yes sir!

1) select one of the bigger ships with a higher level of hull strength. The stronger your ship is, the less your crew gets beat up. Any ship with less than 16 cargo holds is just not worth it. Too small, too weak.
1a) If you choose a big ship with a slow reload time, you will have to learn to fight in a different way. Shoot and run, or use chain shot first, or just mortar the snot out of everything.

2) spend your upgrade points on strengthening your ship. This is a bit confusing, as you can do this by upgrading the hull, upgrading the sails to a certain point, and by upgrading First Mates if they have any stars for Health ability.

My current ship, the x2 Neptune, that I use for testing everything, is at 773M Damage and 1175M health at game level 553 on one device. It is bulletproof, and it takes about 30 battles to wear the crew down to almost nothing.
Those same upgrades give my Rising Sun Damage 1001M Health 678M. Both of these ships can kill 3 enemies with one regular cannonball broadside, or 4 enemies with one flaming shot broadside. At level 553 678M is only average Health.
Sea Devil on that game is Damage 360M Health 877M. This is plenty tough, although the guns are a bit weak. However it's a fast ship and reloads quick, so it works well.

Since the upgrades are universal, you might think all my ships are super strong at this point. That is not the case. The same upgrades apply to Gunboat, which is Damage 32M Health 112M, and it gets shot to bits and the crew destroyed every time I take it into battle.

I have the same Neptune ship on my other device, game level 204, but different amounts of upgrades. That one is Damage 8592K Health 12M and it is potent and robust, and also a one shot killer.

As the levels increase, the enemies get stronger, so you always need to upgrade your ship.
default tablet ship.jpg
default tablet ship.jpg (171.05 KiB) Viewed 1465 times
Jon Klose

Post by Jon Klose » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:35 pm

Thanks for the response. I'm a little bit confused about this game. I just completed all of the challenges and was told to enjoy pirating until the next updates of the game are announced. I am at level 124 and die the completion with a "The Leviathan" ship, damage=649/health=842/Speed=157. I defeated almost all of my opponents by destroying their sails with chain shots first and then finishing most of them off with flaming shots. The main thing that I tried to do, was to avoid broadsides and to keep a certain distance. I am playing a version for Germany. I can hardly image getting to the levels, amount of coins and gems, as well as the ships upgraded specifications. Of course, I could keep trading, pirating, and fulfilling governor's requests. But there is still no more goal in the game. What do you think?
Thanks for your response again and hope to hear from you again.

JON
Drew458

Post by Drew458 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:43 pm

I think that the Main Quests are simple and fun just to get you involved in the game. The Side Quests are a bit more challenging. The Artic missions - Shark Mountain and Whitebeard's Palace, fighting the Lusca monster, are fun but also pretty easy.

The real challenge comes with the Governor Quests at the various settlements. Each one of those is harder than the one before, and all of them will start a war with at least one of the other factions. So the real challenge is how to complete them, and then defuse the wars. Trade used to make things better, but the recent releases of the game no longer have this aspect. Some of the toughest missions in the game are even harder to collect the reward right now; get yourself shot to bits doing Defend the Fortress against 7 or 8 waves of enemies and you find your Affinity with the settlement you've been fighting for has dropped. So you have to go fight lots more of their enemies - taking on battle missions - to get it back up so you can collect.

You aren't alone waiting for new adventures, new ships, new features. The game is going through a difficult period; updating the source code to use more modern development packages has been very difficult. The Android game writing world run on pre-packaged modules, called SDKs, which are built by other companies. Not all of them live up to their hype, and not all of them cooperate with each other or with Google Play, or with older versions of Android.

The good news, so far, is that alpha build 2.6.29 works pretty well. It crashes once in a while, and the ships don't have flags right now, but everything generally works. The new ship Rising Dawn is pretty good as it is, and we've been promised it will become better.

Please be patient.
Werwaz

Post by Werwaz » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:32 pm

About the RIsing dawn... do you think that it will be a better buy than argus or seadevil considering that it is basically a leviathan with better damage and health with a hefty price?
Drew458

Post by Drew458 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:08 pm

You can play Endless Mode long enough and get that many gems. You can hit the free gems button 5 times every 12 hours and collect that many gems in less than a week. A premium membership activates the gem mine, which gives you 250 gems a day once you upgrade the Mine. So it isn't all that hard to get that many gems.

Rising Sun is a pretty good ship in lots of ways. Like any other ship, the more upgrades you do the better it gets. A very strong hull minimizes the damage to your ship when you ram somebody. While the side guns do take a bit longer than average to reload, the front guns reload very quickly on all ships. Couple that with unlimited flaming shot and ramming ability, and Rising Sun becomes a pretty potent attack ship. Charge your enemies from behind. No need for mortars or chain shot.

If you play long enough, you can build a ship that will kill 4 or 5 enemy ships with one broadside, and can take hits with hardly any damage to the ship or crew.