We have our winner! Monthly Competition: November 2018 ~Who has the best name for their ship?~

Drew458

Re: Monthly Competition: November 2018 ~Who has the best name for their ship?~

Post by Drew458 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:52 pm

My latest ship, the Mummy's Revenge.

The Serket's Crypt ship is interesting. It's a smaller ship, yet it has a full-size cargo hold of 18 bays. It's quite fast and nimble. While it only has one sail, it also has two banks of oars per side. It has a fast reload speed and a slow firing speed. It only seems to have one cannon, but it's a really big one. Unless there has been a graphics change, this is the first time I've ever been able to see individual plain cannonballs shooting out. It seems to fire 16 shots per broadside, which takes about 2 or 3 seconds. So you'll need to change your fighting style to slow strafing, or else drop sails and turn hard to stay on target during the shot. Does not seem to have front or rear guns. Mortar is present an works just fine. No ramming ability.
mummys revenge.jpg
mummys revenge.jpg (186.89 KiB) Viewed 1989 times
Drew458

Post by Drew458 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:19 pm

I did not realize that it costs 5 gems to change the names of your ships. :cry:
Arrowdemon

Post by Arrowdemon » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:56 am

Since the ship name is placed on the hp bar, I thought this was a fun name, as the lower the bar gets the higher the doom(Hence the DoomMeter).
AgeOfPiratesShipname.jpg
AgeOfPiratesShipname.jpg (112.11 KiB) Viewed 1985 times
Meg

Post by Meg » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:31 pm

Last day to enter our November competition! Here is your chance to win a Small Gem Pack!

Lovely to see some more entries here! :)
Drew458

Post by Drew458 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:35 pm

Would it be too wretched a pun to name a ship Barbara Pyrites, as a play on Barbary Pirates? Western ships are classically given women's names, and pyrites is Fool's Gold, which is what we're all chasing after in this game. Pity we don't have a choice of sail color or figureheads as one player suggested. I'd go with yellow sails or a big sun icon and put a carved pretty lady up under the bowsprit.

Yes, I know the deadline has passed. But you haven't selected a winner yet, so maybe ...

Barbara Pyrites.jpg
Barbara Pyrites.jpg (152.47 KiB) Viewed 1910 times

I chose the Red Baron because it's the cutest ship you have.
Meg

Post by Meg » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:04 pm

01_shipnamecontestwinner_short_small.gif
01_shipnamecontestwinner_short_small.gif (233.48 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
Bigger and longer version available on our social media.

And we have our winner, 'the DoomMeter'! Entry made by 'Arrowdemon' on our forum! Our team really liked the name relating to the health bar, very original!

Arrowdemon, please contact us through PM on our forum, so we can discuss the details and you can claim your prize!

Everyone, keep your eyes peeled, we will let you know the details for our December competition soon!
Drew458 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:35 pm
Would it be too wretched a pun to name a ship Barbara Pyrites, as a play on Barbary Pirates? Western ships are classically given women's names, and pyrites is Fool's Gold, which is what we're all chasing after in this game. Pity we don't have a choice of sail color or figureheads as one player suggested. I'd go with yellow sails or a big sun icon and put a carved pretty lady up under the bowsprit.

Yes, I know the deadline has passed. But you haven't selected a winner yet, so maybe ...

Barbara Pyrites.jpg

I chose the Red Baron because it's the cutest ship you have.
It was unfortunately too late to enter in the competition, but we are always happy to see more! You and other users are also of course free to keep on posting names/set-ups in this thread, share the fun! :)
Arrowdemon

Re: We have our winner! Monthly Competition: November 2018 ~Who has the best name for their ship?~

Post by Arrowdemon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:00 pm

Greetings,

I tried to use the PM function but it is telling me I do not have access to it yet. Thank you for choosing mine!

Arrowdemon

EDIT: Tried again and it let me this time.
Meg

Re: We have our winner! Monthly Competition: November 2018 ~Who has the best name for their ship?~

Post by Meg » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:41 pm

Arrowdemon wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:00 pm
Greetings,

I tried to use the PM function but it is telling me I do not have access to it yet. Thank you for choosing mine!

Arrowdemon

EDIT: Tried again and it let me this time.
Hi! That was a weird error, we're glad to read it's resolved now! Please do let us know if it were to happen again, so we can look into it.

We hope you are enjoying your prize! :)