Monthly Competition: December 2018 ~Favorite Moment~

Meg

Monthly Competition: December 2018 ~Favorite Moment~

Post by Meg » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:53 pm

Enter our December competition now! Here is your chance to win a Premium Spin Pack!

Describe your best experience in Ships of Battle: Age of Pirates! Was it beating Blackbeard? Finding treasure? Or some other amazing pirate experience? Share your story and win this December competition! Feel free to add screenshots, a video, artwork or any other visuals to show your favorite moment!

How do you enter?
- Submit your story (possibly also accompanied with screenshots, video, artwork or any other visuals) to this forum thread (a free account is needed to make a post)

Deadline for entering the competition is 31-12-2018. The winner will get posted on our social media early January. Good luck everyone, may the best pirate win!

-------------------------------------

Download the game for FREE now:
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... eofpirates / link in bio
iOS: Available soon!

-------------------------------------

Check out our:
Community Forums: viewforum.php?f=4
Beginners' Guide/FAQ: viewforum.php?f=3
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/artikgamesageofpirates/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ships_of_batt ... f_pirates/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Age_Of_Pirates
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkZFi_ ... 8BfWp88qJg
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/ArtikGames/
Snapchat: https://www.snapchat.com/add/ageofpirates
Drew458

Re: Monthly Competition: December 2018 ~Favorite Moment~

Post by Drew458 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:10 am

I have several favorite moments, but no screenshots right now.

It's great when I've just upgraded my cannons a couple levels and go into battle; if I choose the moment just right I can blow up several ships with one shot. A triple kill is awesome.

Having a good strong mortar and placing the shot just right is literally a blast. If I do it right I can sink ships way way far away on the other side of the screen. BOOOM. Sunk.

Fighting with a strong ship that has ramming ability is great. Splitting a big ship in half lengthwise from bow to stern is the best graphic in the game.

Finding the perfect trade combinations is very satisfying. Trade some cheap lumber for a bunch of coffee on one trade, then trade that coffee for some meat on another trade, then trade the meat for sugar, then trade the sugar for silk. Come back to port and sell what's left, and make a big fat profit, all from a tiny investment.

Getting the green "+587" ( or whatever number you get) when I've finally added enough upgrade cards to level up my ship's components is sweet. It ought to pause and have a little fanfare, like the heavenly music you get when you're on a map quest and you get near the treasure.

Of course, there are bad moments too. Not counting when I encounter a bug, I'd say the worst moment is the Video Failed To Load message. I know it's a cloud thing, not your fault, but it is frustrating. When I do find a bug, and there have been some nasty ones over the past year, I fill out a Feedback and send it in. The great responses I get from Meg and Ann and the team at Artik are always understanding, polite, and personal. I never feel like I'm getting a pat response or the runaround. Your level of customer care has to count as another of my favorite moments too.
Drew458

Post by Drew458 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:04 pm

Ok, here's one with a picture.

I really love when I hit the big money at the Daily Spin.
big money daily spin.jpg
big money daily spin.jpg (82.26 KiB) Viewed 2789 times
Meg

Post by Meg » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:45 am

Hi Andrew, thank you for your extensive replies, we are happy to read you have so much favorite moments! Good luck in the competition!

I did have to pluck out your comment of the Video Failed To Load message, though. If preferred, you can also PM or e-mail us, as we would like to know more details of the circumstances in which you see this issue (do you see it when you try to look at multiple videos in a row, is it always with your double earnings video or the video for free gold, etc.). That way we can try to recreate the scenario here and see if there is something we can improve on this system. :)
Meg

Post by Meg » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:55 pm

You can still enter our December competition! Here is your chance to win a Premium Spin Pack!

Describe your best experience in Ships of Battle: Age of Pirates! Was it beating Blackbeard? Finding treasure? Or some other amazing pirate experience? Share your story and win this December competition! Feel free to add screenshots, a video, artwork or any other visuals to show your favorite moment!

How do you enter?
- Submit your story (possibly also accompanied with screenshots, video, artwork or any other visuals) to this forum thread (a free account is needed to make a post)

Deadline for entering the competition is 31-12-2018. The winner will get posted on our social media early January. Good luck everyone, may the best pirate win!
Drew458

Post by Drew458 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:36 pm

Here's another favorite moment. It's from several releases ago, but it's still kind of magical to me. I didn't win it in the game; it was part of a fix I got from Artik's awesome customer service for a problem I was having at the time.

free gift.jpg
free gift.jpg (148.31 KiB) Viewed 2706 times
Drew458

Post by Drew458 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:48 pm

I used to think these kind of things were among my least favorite moments, but now I laugh at them, because I'm wise to the game. Nice try, ye scurvy landlubbers, but ye won't catch the Panda Pirate napping on the job!!

So it is kind of a favorite moment.

What we have here are 6 "sucker quests" at Headquarters. All of them are impossible. The 3 Delivery Quests award you more cargo than even the largest ship can carry, so the deal fails. The 3 Battle Quests each want you to defeat 2008 fleets of enemy ships. While this is not actually impossible, it would take you an almost infinite amount of time. Hundreds of hours even if the fleets were all lined up one after another. For 3000 tin. Yeah, no.

Yes, this is an ongoing issue, more of a shortcoming than an actual bug. And someday it will get fixed. But in the meantime, don't fall for the trap. Especially if you have to buy the cargo you think you're going to trade.

Hey, sometimes it's tough being a pirate.

not the greatest moment.jpg
not the greatest moment.jpg (89.44 KiB) Viewed 2699 times
Drew611

Post by Drew611 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:30 am

Where are my ships?! I've lost tons of upgrades. I was level 576 with very strong cannons, hull and sails. They do not exist in my fleet now. Meg, I would like an answer please. I've seen you respond to several players but never me on this subject. I've lost all my data. The ships are there but astronomically weaker than before the update. What happened?!
Drew458

Post by Drew458 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:30 pm

As a long term player I spend a lot more time being a merchant prince than I do being a rascally pirate. Trade ends wars. Trade makes everyone happy. Trade builds affinity. Trade makes me a fortune in this game. And the best trades happen when you have the best affinity, so to me one of my favorite moments is when I get nearly perfect Affinity.

favorite moments.jpg
favorite moments.jpg (140.82 KiB) Viewed 2664 times
Drew458

Post by Drew458 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:58 pm

Another favorite moment is when all the settlements want the same item, and lots of it. I can just load up a whole ship full, and sail around and sell the whole thing off, making lots of gold in just a few minutes without much effort. After I take care of all the cash sales I do the sales that trade my item for their items, which I then find buyers for. With a bit of luck I can go around and around, and finally come home with just a few bits and pieces of many different items. Plus another huge pile of gold in my account. Sweet.

bulk sales.jpg
bulk sales.jpg (91.66 KiB) Viewed 2662 times

There. That's more than enough favorite moments from me. Doesn't anyone else have a favorite moment? This isn't my personal forum; everyone is welcome. Come on, there must be something in this game you like, or you wouldn't be reading this. Right?? ;)