Traveling Merchant and Hydra cannons

TarJocer

Traveling Merchant and Hydra cannons

Post by TarJocer » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:12 pm

I have two questions about this, first of all and most important for me, can someone explain me how the traveling Merchant works? I mean im already lv181 and i dont play that much so i get it in 1 week more or less, i only ser the traveling merchant once, almost at the beginning of the game, and sadly at that moment i didnt have much gold, and after that it never appeared again, so, how much i need to wait? Is there any "trick" or advice that i need to know? Maybe it appears only at night or if i do something in particular, i dont know, or Just tell me if it appears once a week on weekends or something. And second but not less important, i already have all the treasures map completed, and of course i unlocked the hydra Canon, the carmesí Sails and the hangman, so, where are them? They supposed to be at the Blacksmith but i refresh it with gems and i always get lv1-2-3 and with some Lucky lv4. Items. Just once a lv5 Hall. So i dont understand if that "special canon and Sails" are Just lv5 Items or if they are really special and i dont understand where or how its supossed to get them. Thanks
Meg

Re: Traveling Merchant and Hydra cannons

Post by Meg » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:50 pm

Hi TarJocer!

Regarding the travelling merchant: The travelling merchant is not at an fixed schedule and for most of our players he will appear about 2-3 times a week, with appearance time ranging from minimum 5 hours up to maximum 24 hours.

Regarding the hydra cannon/treasure map rewards: They are automatically added to the Hangman once the treasure map is completed and you don't have to take any further steps. We have noticed earlier this seems confusing to some of our players and are working on improving the feedback on this.

Hope this helps! :D And you will continue to enjoy our game!
TarJocer

Post by TarJocer » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:44 am

Well my hangman has been always empty, there's no hydra Canon or carmesí Sails, and i've done the treasure maps 3 or 4 days ago, so, maybe its bugged or something.
Meg

Post by Meg » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:38 am

TarJocer wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:44 am
Well my hangman has been always empty, there's no hydra Canon or carmesí Sails, and i've done the treasure maps 3 or 4 days ago, so, maybe its bugged or something.
Hi! The Hangman automatically has the sails, cannons and it's power added. This is what we meant with the...uh...bad feedback on this. ;) We are working on it!
TarJocer

Post by TarJocer » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:37 pm

So the hangman is stronger than the Wraith, Leviathan, etc? Or the stats of the hangman already include those Canons and Sails damage and speed
Meg

Post by Meg » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:22 pm

TarJocer wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:37 pm
So the hangman is stronger than the Wraith, Leviathan, etc? Or the stats of the hangman already include those Canons and Sails damage and speed

The stats of the Hangman already include them. As of now The Hangman is not as strong as the Wraith and Leviathan, you can check their basic stats in your shipyard if you have not bought them yet.

Starting version 2.6.0, the way a lot of our ships work will be changed, as we are balancing things out for a more fair experience and price/value in both multiplayer and singleplayer. The Hangman will continue to be a strong ship, but it will come closer to the Wraith and the Leviathan in the future.
Drew458

Post by Drew458 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:41 pm

"Starting version 2.6.0, the way a lot of our ships work will be changed,"

Will this change the ships I already own? For the better I hope. Please don't weaken them, I've spent too much time and effort building them up!

IIRC you mentioned a few weeks back about a new way to upgrade the ships. Is that this, or is that something else new that's coming?
Drew458

Post by Drew458 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:34 am

RE: Traveling Merchant

I would like to suggest that the Traveling Merchant's presence timer ( "The Traveling Merchant will depart in 0:54:27") be tied to actual active game time. Even a Ships of Battle addict like myself can't play this game 24-7, and it takes HOURS and HOURS with the TM to buy as many G1000 equipment chests as I need for a couple levels of upgrade.

At my levels, I need about 150 chests to get enough T5 T4 T3 upgrade cards to go up just one level. At best I can do 5 chests a minute, but after 40 minutes of that I'm going crazy. Boring. Exhausting. One of the worst moments in the game. And who knows how many chests I can open before the game starts losing some? There's no running tally, and no way I can remember how many of what, or spend even more time writing them down.

While I've never seen a TM appear for anything other than 4 or 5 hours, if I had that many hours of "face time" with the TM I could shut the game down between sessions and come back later when I had more time. To stay current as the game levels go up, you need to upgrade your ship every chance you can get, but few of us can just stop life in it's tracks for half a day to sit and push buttons a billion times to buy a massive bunch of chests.

This is the reason we want bulk purchase, or direct Level Up upgrades. Or bulk purchase direct level up upgrades. "I'd like to upgrade my hull 10 levels please." "Excellent choice! That will cost 2 million Gold! Proceed?"
Meg

Post by Meg » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:03 pm

Thanks for your suggestion regarding the travelling merchant and the bulk upgrading/purchasing! I have noted it for our team to look into. As for your questions:

Drew458 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:41 pm
Will this change the ships I already own? For the better I hope. Please don't weaken them, I've spent too much time and effort building them up!

It changes how a lot of ships work, upgrades are distributed, XP is given etc. It's a new system we have been working and testing on for more than half a year and we feel finally comfortable enough to release it with our next update that should be available to download for everyone worldwide in the upcoming few days (exact moment of availability will depend on your region).

Drew458 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:41 pm
IIRC you mentioned a few weeks back about a new way to upgrade the ships. Is that this, or is that something else new that's coming?

That will be this! :D Please rest assured that we also try to make it as fair as possible for people that have already spend a lot of time and (in-game) money in upgrading their ships. :) Also don't be scared to see some numbers changed, as everything has been scaled together with it.

We kindly ask our players to first try out the new system for a while, and if they notice specific things becoming very unfair or behave unexpectedly, to please inform us, as we can always make changes if needed in upcoming updates. Although we hope our new system will bring a lot more joy to leveling, upgrading etc. than how it is now! :mrgreen: