I thnk it's all over now

For any topic not covered by the other forums
Drew458

I thnk it's all over now

Post by Drew458 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:06 am

Yet another staff change for the Age of Pirates game. I think it's over. Several weeks have gone by and my only contact with the developers has been "I don't work there any more."

A full year after they got everyone excited for the upcoming Big Change, and the Holiday Adventure, and the Multi-Player, and nearly 10 months after that delayed implementation was pulled because it was such a bomb, and quite a number of months after a simplified version did come out, with a lot less features than the old 2.5 game had, and a zero-sum philosophy, and many many point releases as the major bugs were slowly worked out of the system, several new sets of SDKs behind the scenes, a shift to the Unity platform, more debugging, more new bugs, more point releases ... an in this whole time, no multi-player, no new Governor missions, no new factions, one new ship ... bottom line: not much of anything new at all ... the last public build only crashes a little bit here and there, the Holiday Adventure works but is no challenge at all, the ships DO have sails again, but no flags, Endless Mode does work past Wave 200, and upgrades and ship customization can be done.

And in my opinion, this is all the game is ever going to be. So be happy with it.

I want to hold on to hope, but I've been the tester for this thing for many months, and I'm not seeing anything. OK, not totally true: they did fix the Defend the Fortress missions some time ago, turning them from almost impossible into stupid easy. Just get a bunch of chain shot, sail around the outside, and disable all the ships, then come in and kill them. 5 waves, 6, 7, 8 waves; they're all the same. The fortress is invulnerable, so that mission is now nothing more than fight up to 33 ships without getting yourself killed. And then go around that faction's islands and take on a battle quest to destroy a bunch of their enemies so you can get your affinity with them back up, so you can claim the reward you earned at the 3 star settlement doing their ultimate Defending the Fortress mission. That final issue is one the developers NEVER fully fixed.

So enjoy Age of Pirates for what it is, play the Main and Side Quests, and do some of the Governor missions if you want. Then put it down and go download some other game. Best of luck to all of you.
Drew458

Re: I thnk it's all over now

Post by Drew458 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:19 am

Well, maybe I'm wrong. My contact at Artik says on FB that there will be future releases. Doesn't say when, doesn't say what. So, a tiny ray of hope.

It just irks me that I helped these guys out for the better part of a year, in nearly daily contact, and they suddenly just went silent on me, like turning off a light. What am I supposed to think, when my only response in that time was "I don't work there anymore"?
Force

Post by Force » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:12 am

Y por qué ya no aparecen barcos legendarios ya los acabe a todos pero ya no han vuelto a salir de nuevo
Drew458

Post by Drew458 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:19 am

Una vez que los hundes, se van. No vuelven Desearía que lo hicieran.

Sorry, once you've sunk the Legendary ships, they don't come back. It would be great if they did, but they don't.